Monday, May 10, 2010

Connecting Gallery

If you happen to be in Raleigh from now until June 19th, you'll have a chance to see two finished works of mine in the Connecting Gallery at Artspace. When I started this project I had no idea where to take it. I've never completed anything on this scale and have never had more than one piece fit thematically. I am very proud to say these are mine. Big shouts to D-Sobes, who puts up with more of my crap than anyone, and is there to help me in a pinch.

Both pieces are 48" x 93" and both were quite a pain in the butt to create, hang, and frame. I hope you enjoy!
SUN

MOON


I've got a good feeling that this project isn't completely over. I read an article not too long ago about the "power of 7" and the way the number 7 fits it's way into nature. According to the article the seven luminaries of medieval astrology were the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. I hope to create the five remaining luminaries in the coming months.

Back to drawing and cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment